You'll be able to have basic control of your ZEN73 out of the box - but you'll need the custom device handler to have complete access to the available advanced settings.
Custom handlers are pieces of code that allow users to take advantage of all of the advanced settings and customize the ZEN73 Toggle Switch to fit your needs.
The process is easy and will give you access to all of the ZEN73's advanced settings:
- Exclude the switch from your network and log in here with the same information you use for your SmartThings app.
- Click on My Device Handlers in the top menu.
- In the top right corner, click on "Create new device handler" and choose "from code" from the top tab menu. You'll be presented with a blank area where you can paste the code from the following link. Please click on this link to access the code, then copy ALL of the code from the page.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and click Create.
- Now click Save, then click Publish > For Me.
You should now see the device type Zooz ZEN73 700 Toggle Switch in your list of device handlers and can include the Toggle Switch to your SmartThings hub using the steps outlined here. The device should be automatically discovered as the Zooz ZEN73 700 Toggle Switch.
To customize the advanced settings in ST: with the handler is installed and switch paired to ST, click on the ZEN73 in your app and tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app. Then tap Settings. You'll be able to customize your device from there.
If you have any questions about the process, please reach out to us!