Like any other Z-Wave device, the ZEN34 may need help being paired and exclusion is the first thing to try if inclusion didn't work.
Exclusion acts as a soft reset to help the Remote Switch be recognized by Hubitat and can be done even if the remote hasn't been added to the network.
Try these steps for removing your ZEN34 from Hubitat:
- Open Hubitat in your Internet browser
- Go to Devices
- Click on Discover Devices in the top right corner
- Click on Z-Wave
- Click on Start Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the device is searching for a device, tap the lower paddle 6 times as quickly as possible
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully excluded.
You'll want to wait until Hubitat confirms the device was excluded before trying to include again.
If exclusion didn't work or your remote still isn't pairing to your hub, please try the following:
- Sometimes commands may not go through on the first try so it's worth trying the exclusion process with various tapping speeds in case it was too slow or too fast the first time.
- The same goes for inclusion: you can try connecting the remote to your hub again, this time tapping the upper paddle 6-7 times as quickly as possible, or try pairing it without security.
Still can't add the ZEN34 Remote Switch to your Hubitat? Contact us for help or if you have additional questions!