If your ZEN34 Remote Switch is having trouble pairing with your SmartThings hub, try to exclude!
The process acts as a soft reset to help prepare the device to connect to the network.
Here's how to exclude the remote:
- Tap on your hub in the home page of the app
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the app is searching for a device, tap the lower paddle 6 times as quickly as possible (the LED indicator should flash)
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully removed. Tap Done.
Your SmartThings hub should send a confirmation the device has been removed before you can try to include it again using these steps.
If that didn't work, you can try these other troubleshoots:
- Give exclusion another go in case the command wasn't registered on the first try.
- Try including the remote to your hub again, this time tapping the upper paddle 6-7 times as quickly as possible, or try pairing it without security.
Reach out to us if you have any questions or have trouble pairing your ZEN34 Remote Switch!