The Remote Switch is integrated with SmartThings so you don't need to install a custom handler to use the device. Just follow the steps below to add it to your hub.
We recommend the below method as the most efficient way to add any 700 series device that supports SmartStart:
- Tap the plus icon in the home screen
- Tap Device
- Tap "Scan QR code" (in the corner of the screen) and scen the QR code located on the back of the remote (or enter the PIN code printed under the QR code)
- Click "Start" under "Let's get started with your Z-Wave device"
- Select the room you'd like the device to be added to and click "Next"
- While the app says "Get your device ready to connect. Check the user manual for details.", tap the upper paddle of the switch 6 times as quickly as possible (the LED indicator will start flashing blue, once it stops, just wait for another minute before exiting the screen)
- The app will indicate when the device connects, it may take up to 45 seconds so please don't leave the screen just yet.
- It will say "Success" once the device is found. Tap it to rename the device, and tap Save.
- Tap Done to complete the setup.
Once the device is added, you can program it according to the instructions here.
If you'd like to take advantage of the advanced direct association features, you'll need to install a custom device handler BEFORE you add the Remote Switch to your hub. Just follow the below instructions for a quick set-up:
- Exclude the Remote Switch (if you already included it to ST) and log in here with the same login and password you use for your SmartThings app.
- Click on My Device Handlers in the top menu.
- In the top right corner, click on "Create new device handler" and choose "from code" from the top tab menu. You'll be presented with a blank area where you can paste the code from the following link. Please click on this link to access the code for the handler, then copy ALL of the code from the page.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and click Create.
- Now click Save, then click Publish > For Me.
You should now see "Zooz Remote Switch ZEN34" in your list of device handlers.
Now add the Remote Switch to your hub according to the instructions above.
If the hub is not finding your device, try excluding it first. Exclusion acts as a reset and it can help with a variety of configuration issues.
If the switch isn't recognized correctly after inclusion and displays as a "Z-Wave device" instead of "Zooz Remote Switch ZEN34", you may need to assign the handler to it manually. Here is how to do it:
- Make sure the unit is within direct range of SmartThings
- Stay in the IDE portal (where you just installed the handler) or again, log in here if you already closed it
- Click on My Devices in the top menu
- Click on the new Zooz device
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Edit button
- Go to Type and select "Zooz Remote Switch ZEN34" from the drop-down menu, it'll be at the bottom of the list (beyond alphabetical order)
- Click the Update button on the bottom of the page
If you're still having issues adding the device, let us know! We'll be happy to assist.