Here are the instructions for updating your 700 Series Z-Wave stick to the latest firmware available. Please note these instructions are for the Zooz 700 series version only and cannot be applied to any other brand of Z-Wave stick or to the 500 series version of the ZST10. If you're not sure which version you have, please get in touch with our support first.
These instructions apply to the ZST10 700 product only. Please double-check check the back of your device has ZST10 700 printed on it. If you're looking for guidance on how to update your other Zooz devices, please read the article here. Note that the ZST10 700 Z-Wave stick is intended for expert Z-Wave users only that are comfortable with at least basic programming and have plenty of experience with Z-Wave technology.
What you'll need:
- The Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Stick ZST10 700 US (North American) Z-Wave frequency
- If you have a Z-Wave stick from a different region using a different Z-Wave frequency, please register your product here first and you'll receive file access via email.
- Please verify the firmware on the stick prior to updating. PC Controller will show the truncated version of the firmware, so please use your home automation software to verify the full firmware version before proceeding.
- The latest version of Home Assistant software or a laptop or PC with at least 1 available USB port and Windows OS. If using Linux, please refer to third-party instructions here. Always use the update file provided by Zooz (download 2 steps below). Proceed with Linux instructions at your own risk.
- The latest version of Home Assistant software or the PC Controller software: download Simplicity Studio here, you may need to register an account with Silicon Labs first, then install Simplicity Studio and follow the instructions here. Please note you'll need a Windows OS to run the software.
- The update firmware file: download it here and remember to unzip the file first. Note that this file can only be used for North American frequency devices, do NOT apply if you have a device from a different region.
How to update your Z-Wave stick ZST10 700 directly from Home Assistant:
As of HA release 2023.3.0, you can now update your Z-Wave stick directly from the Home Assistant software. Simply click on the Z-Wave stick under Devices in your Home Assistant interface, click UPDATE in the Device info tile and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the update.
Watch this video to see how it works.
How to update your Z-Wave stick ZST10 700:
- Please make sure you've installed the Simplicity Studio software above and have the PC Controller tool installed and ready for the update. Make sure you are logged in to Simplicity Studio in order to install the PC Controller tool.
- Please download the OTW firmware file and remember to unzip the file first. Remember the folder you saved it in, you'll need it in step 7.
- Insert the Z-Wave USB stick to a USB port on your computer
- Start the PC Controller software
- Click on Settings (the gear icon in the top right corner)
- Check the recognized USB controller on the list in the dialog window. If there's nothing there, click DETECT and then REFRESH. If the USB stick still doesn't show up, you may need to install special drivers so please contact the manufacturer of the device for instructions.
- Click on OTW Firmware Update
- A dialog window will open for you to choose the firmware file. Locate the unzipped firmware file you downloaded in step 1 and select it. Continue to update.
- The update will then begin automatically, wait for the progress bar to indicate completion.
- Once complete, the new firmware version will display in the device information under Network Management.
If you encounter an error during the update, please make sure you're updating a ZST10 700 stick. If you have ZST10 700 printed on the back and are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our team, we're here to help!