Inclusion issues are pretty common among smart devices. Here's what to try first:
Exclusion is a kind of soft reset that can helps with a variety of inclusion and configuration issues. Devices don't need to be included properly to be able to be excluded.
If you're using the newer app, here's how to exclude the device:
- Tap on your hub in the home page of the app
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the app is searching for a device, tap the Lower Paddle 3 times quickly
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully removed. Tap Done
If you're using the Classic app, here's how to exclude:
- Tap the menu icon in your SmartThings app
- Tap Hub is online
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- The app will show this message: “Please follow the manufacturer’s instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings.” There will also be a spinning circle next to the message “Exclusion Mode Active”
- Tap the lower paddle 3 times quickly
- The app will confirm device exclusion
- Tap Done
Once exclusion is completed, try including the switch again using the process shown here.
If you're still unable to include your switch after exclusion, here are some other potential solutions:
- Try the exclusion process again! Sometimes commands from the first run aren't registered correctly, so it's worth trying.
- Try the inclusion process again, only this time instead of tapping 3 times, tap the upper paddle 4-5 times as quickly as possible.
- Try adding a Z-Wave signal repeater (any non-battery powered Z-Wave device) between the switch and hub to see if that helps communication. If you have a hand-held secondary hub, try using it to include the device.
- And if you find that your switch is connected but it's not responded to remote commands, take a look at these troubleshoots that have helped users in the past.
- For those of you referring to the older version of the manual, there's a mistake in the inclusion section. You shouldn't try including the device by tapping the paddle in an up-down-up motion; this is incorrect. Instead make sure to perform the action as shown in step 6 (if using the Classic app) and step 5 (if using the newer app). The online and print documentation have been corrected as of July 2018, but this tip is for users who happen to have the older version of the manual.
But if you're still seeing issues with the device after exclusion and re-inclusion, please let us know! Our team is happy to help.