Two custom device handlers are required to access the ZEN20 Power Strip's advanced settings.
If you haven't added handlers before, the process is straightforward and only takes 5 minutes. You'll need to add 2 custom device handlers for the ZEN20 Power Strip - one general and one for a child device:
- Exclude the ZEN20 Power Strip and log in here with the same information you use for your SmartThings app.
- Click on My Device Handlers in the top menu.
- In the top right corner, click on "Create new device handler" and choose "from code" from the top tab menu. You'll be presented with a blank area where you can paste the code from the following link. Please click on this link to access the code for the first handler and this link to get the code for the second handler (you'll have to go through all of the steps when adding the second handler), then copy ALL of the code from the page.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and click Create.
- Now click Save, then click Publish > For Me.
You should see this device type in your list of device handlers.
Now add the Power Strip to your system using the steps here (ignore the first half about custom handlers since you've already added those.
On the SmartThings app: once the handler is installed and the device is included to your SmartThings network, click on the ZEN20 in your app and tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app. Then tap Settings. There you'll be able to customize your device.
If you're having issues during the handler installation process or anything else, let us know! We'll be happy to help.