Can't Add My ZEN20 Power Strip to SmartThings
Exclusion should be your go-to move anytime you have trouble adding any Z-Wave device.
Give exclusion a try if you've attempted to include the strip with these steps, but you're seeing configuration issues or are generally unable to add the device to your SmartThings hub. Exclusion is a Z-Wave reset that can help with these types of issues. Devices don't need to be included properly to be able to be excluded.
For the new SmartThings app:
- Tap on your hub in the home page of the app
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the app is searching for a device, click the Z-Wave button on the device 3 times quickly
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully removed. Tap Done
For the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu icon in your SmartThings app
- Tap Hub is online
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- The app will show this message: “Please follow the manufacturer’s instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings.” There will also be a spinning circle next to the message “Exclusion Mode Active”
- Press and release the CH1 button 3 times quickly
- The app will confirm device exclusion
- Tap Done
Once exclusion is completed, try including the ZEN20 Power Strip again using the set-up process shown here. If you're still unable to include your strip after exclusion, here are some alternative troubleshoots that may also solve the problem:
- Try the exclusion process again! Sometimes commands from the first run aren't registered correctly, so it can't hurt to try again.
- Try bringing the device closer to your hub and adding it from there. If the ZEN20 Power Strip adds without any issue, the first location may have been out of range.
- Try the exclusion process again, only this time instead of pressing the CH1 button 3 times, try pressing the button 5-6 times firmly and as quickly as possible. This can help make sure the commands go through.
- And if you find that your ZEN20 Power Strip is connected but it's not responded to remote commands, check out these tips for troubleshooting connectivity.
But if you're still seeing issues with the exclusion/inclusion process no matter what you try, please let us know! We're always happy to help.