Follow the steps below and you'll have your Power Strip added in no time!
The ZEN20 Power Strip is officially supported by SmartThings now so the handler is not required, but we recommend you install BOTH custom device handlers for the ZEN20 Power Strip. If you haven't added a custom handler before, we got you. The handler is a piece of code that enables the ZEN20 Power Strip's advanced settings and makes sure the device is configured properly. The process takes less than 5 minutes - here's how to do it.
Once the handler is installed and shows up in your IDE portal, you can include the Power Strip to your network.
Here's how to include the Power Strip:
- Plug the Power Strip into a grounded receptacle you’re planning to use it at (it doesn’t need to be close to the hub)
- Tap the plus icon in the home screen
- Tap Device
- Tap "Scan nearby" (in the corner of the screen)
- While the app says "Scanning...", on the Power Strip, press the CH1 button 3 times very quickly
- The app will indicate when the device connects
- Tap Edit to rename the device, and tap Done to save the name
- Tap Done to complete the setup
You will see 8 new on/off devices in your app: 5 channels for on/off control, 2 channels for on/off monitoring (USB ports reporting charging/ charged status, no control), and one master node to access and adjust advanced settings in.
If you're having issues including your ZEN20 Power Strip to SmartThings, we'd recommend excluding the device using the instructions here.
If you have any questions about the process or you're experiencing issues, let us know!