Can't add the ZEN76 S2 Switch to SmartThings? Don't panic - just exclude!
If you're seeing inclusion issues with your ZEN76 switch, we recommend excluding it from the network first before giving inclusion another try. Your ZEN76 doesn't need to be included in SmartThings in order to be excluded. The process will act as a reset and help with inclusion.
Try these exclusion steps with your ZEN76:
- Tap on your hub in the home page of the app
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the app is searching for a device, tap the lower paddle 3 times as quickly as possible
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully removed. Tap Done
Once SmartThings confirms a successful removal, try including your ZEN76 again using the steps found here.
No luck adding the ZEN76 to SmartThings? Here are some other tricks to try:
- Try the exclusion process again! Sometimes the command isn't registered on the first try.
- When trying to exclude or include, tap the paddle 4-5 times as quickly as possible, in case the command isn't recognized in 3 taps.
- Try adding a Z-Wave signal repeater (any non-battery powered Z-Wave device) between the switch and hub to see if that helps communication. If you have a hand-held secondary hub, bring it out to see if it helps.
- If you were able to add the switch and see it in SmartThings, but it isn't reacting to commands, try these connectivity troubleshoots.
Send us a message if you still need help with the ZEN76! Our team is happy to help.