Having trouble including the ZEN53 to SmartThings? Please ensure you have the lua Edge driver installed for the ZEN53, in order for the device to be correctly recognized and configured on SmartThings.
If you have the driver installed, try excluding the device before including. The device can be excluded at any time, even if it has never been included to the hub! Exclusion is simply a way to soft reset the device, and it helps resolve any connectivity or configuration issues.
Follow the steps below to exclude the ZEN53 DC Motor Controller from SmartThings:
- Tap on your hub in the home page of the app or on the device list
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Settings
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the app is searching for a device, press the Z-Wave button on the device 3 times as quickly as possible
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully removed. Tap Done
Now you can try adding the device again.
If exclusion failed to solve the problem, here are some other things to try:
- Try exclusion again. It's possible that the command didn't go through the first time.
- Once you put SmartThings into inclusion mode, click the Z-Wave button very quickly 4-5 times to ensure the command has gone through.
If you need additional assistance, please let us know!