Ready to add your ZEN53 DC Motor Controller to SmartThings? The process is quick and easy! Just follow the simple steps below to have your Motor Controller included to SmartThings. You'll be able to control the device connected to your Motor Controller from the app, create on/off schedules for it and use it in more complex automations.
Please ensure you install the Edge driver before including the device, as the driver ensures the device is recognized correctly on SmartThings and provides access to all the advanced settings and functionality for the device. Once installed, you'll be able to control the device connected to your Motor Controller from the app, create on/off schedules for it and use it in more complex automations.
Here's how to add your ZEN53 DC Motor Controller to SmartThings:
- Tap the plus icon in the home screen
- Tap Add device
- Tap "Scan QR code"
- Scan the QR code on the label printed on the back of your device
- Input the 5-digit DSK from the label on the back of your device if requested
- The app will indicate when the device connects. The LED indicator will blink green to signal communication and turn green for 2 seconds if inclusion is successful or turn red for 2 seconds if the pairing attempt fails.
- Tap Edit to rename the device, and tap Done to save the name
- Tap Done to complete the setup
Having issues including the ZEN53 to SmartThings? You may need to reset it via exclusion. The best way to resolve any inclusion or configuration issues is through a Z-Wave exclusion from the SmartThings app (it works even if the device has never been added to SmartThings before):
- Tap on your hub in the home page of the app or on the device list
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Settings
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the app is searching for a device, press the Z-Wave button on the device 3 times as quickly as possible
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully removed. Tap Done
Now you can try adding the device again.
Please let us know if you have any questions! We're happy to help!