Are you able to control the ZEN14 Outdoor Double Plug manually, but it is unresponsive to Z-Wave commands? Try the troubleshooting steps below!
Your ZEN14 Outdoor Double Plug is a Z-Wave Plus device that has range of up to 300 feet (line of sight); however, interferences like large furniture, thick walls, and metal elements can significantly shorten the range for all Z-Wave devices. Ultimately, range is determined by the specific structure of your home and the strength of your mesh network. If you have connectivity issues, try healing your Home Assistant network first. This function refreshes the mesh connections between your hub and the devices in your network so that the hub can find the most efficient route to each device.
- Click on the Z-Wave Control Panel in Home Assistant
- Under Z-Wave Network Management, click Heal Network
If the network heal didn't resolve the issue, check out the steps below:
- Try excluding and re-including the ZEN14 directly from the installation location. The hub may not have devised the most efficient route of communication to the device; exclusion can help refresh these connections.
- Try moving the Outdoor Double Plug to an outlet closer to the hub (make sure you exclude and re-include it from the new spot). If this resolves the issue, the previous spot may have been out of range.
- If you have a Z-Wave signal repeater available, try including it in a spot halfway between the ZEN14 and the hub. A signal repeater is any Z-Wave device that doesn't rely on battery power - switches, relays, smart plugs, or dedicated repeaters. If the issue is caused by interference or range, a signal repeater can help strengthen and stabilize connectivity. After adding the repeater, it's a good idea to heal your network once more.
If none of the above solves the problem, please let us know! We're here to help.