Exclusion is one of the most useful troubleshooting solutions in the Z-Wave world. It acts like a reset, so even if your switch was never added to Wink successfully you'll still be able to exclude the unit:
1. Click on Hubs
2. Click on Settings (the three dots in the upper right corner)
3. Click on your hub (most likely named Wink Hub)
5. Scroll down to Settings and click on Z-Wave Controls
6. Click on Exclusion Mode
7. Tap the LOWER paddle of the switch 3 times very quickly
8. While the app will NOT confirm exclusion of the device, your Wink hub will go from blinking blue to a solid green light to confirm the device was successfully excluded. Wait for the LED indicator to turn green before exiting Exclusion
Once you get that exclusion confirmation, try re-including the switch again! And if Wink isn't responding to the switch no matter how many times you try to exclude or include the device, take a look at these connectivity troubleshoots.
NOTE: For those of you referring to the older version of the manual, there's a mistake in the inclusion section. You shouldn't try including the device by tapping the paddle in an up-down-up motion; this is incorrect. Instead make sure to perform the action as shown in step 7 above. The online and print documentation have been corrected as of February 2018, but this tip is for users who happen to have the older version of the manual.
If you have any questions about the process above, let us know! We'll be happy to help.