SmartThings is transitioning to a new platform (the lua platform) which makes the old Groovy custom device handlers unusable, but you'll still be able to access your ZEN30's advanced settings.
We created new custom Edge drivers for the lua platform. Below are the instructions on how to install and if you haven't added one before, it's an easy process that only takes a few minutes. It will let you customize your Double Switch: personalize things like ramp rates, built-in timers, and much more. Please read all instructions carefully before installing the driver.
BEFORE YOU INSTALL:
- Drivers can’t be manually assigned to a device so you’ll need to remove the device from SmartThings first in order to try the Driver.
Click on to the Zooz Channel invitation link here and log in with your Samsung / SmartThings account.
Click Accept for Terms and Conditions.
Select to Enroll your hub.
If you're completing the process on a mobile device, you might see the screen load as if it were completing the request, but still show the Enroll button. Please try refreshing the screen, or going back a page, and then going to the enrollment page again - it should now show the Unenroll and Available Drivers options.
Click the “Available Drivers” button.
Scroll through the list and click the “Install” button for the Zooz Multichannel Switch Driver.
If you have multiple Zooz device models, you can install as many or all drivers if you'd like so that you don't have to repeat the process for other devices going forward. You won't need to install the driver for each device model if you have multiple of the same model. For example, if you have 3 x ZEN30 units and 2 x ZEN16 MultiRelays, you only need to install the driver once and it will work for all 5 devices.
Wait a few minutes so that the updates are registered on your SmartThings hub.
Join the device using the Scan QR Code method or the Scan for devices (manual inclusion) method or following the steps shown here.
The device should be recognized as a Zooz ZEN30 Double Switch.
Rename the device as needed and assign it to the room you want it in.
For the ZEN30, and other multichannel devices, child devices will display as tiles in the main device view. No individual device will be created for the relay button. This means that the relay button cannot be renamed or controlled individually from a smart speaker when the device is first added. It can still be controlled individually from the SmartThings app and in Automations (scenes and routines) in Smartthings.
If you would like to have the relay button display as a separate device in your SmartThings hub to rename it and control it from your smart speaker, please follow these steps:
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the device view in the SmartThings app.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to enable Create Child Devices so that a separate device is created for the relay button.
- The new device will be automatically created under "No room assigned". There's currently no way to assign a room to child devices but you can rename them and control them from your smart speaker now.
To change any other the settings in the app: once the driver is installed and the device is included to your SmartThings network, click on the ZEN30 in your app and tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app. Then tap Settings. There you'll be able to customize your device.
- Device doesn’t get identified by the correct driver / as the correct product: remove the device and try adding it again.
- Sync Status tile is empty: it should update to show the number of pending changes as soon as you change a setting, but if it doesn’t then you can either wait about 30 minutes and reboot the hub or just wait and it should fix itself within24 hours. Note that the switch driver doesn't feature the sync status tile at all.
- Device list in the IDE shows that it’s executing in the “cloud”: testing has confirmed that the devices execute locally in Automations as long as all the devices uses in that Automation execute locally. Because the drivers aren’t meant to be viewed in the IDE, they may not display the actual cloud vs local status correctly.
- Only one part of the device is available on the smart speaker app: there is currently a limitation on the new platform that prevents the driver from creating multiple devices in the app which would allow for individual control of each child device via voice. This means that while child devices are available as individual devices in the Routines and Automations tools in the SmartThings app, only the main device will show up for voice control in the smart speaker app when first added. You can create child devices by going into Settings and enabling the "Create child devices" feature.
- How to switch my ZEN30 device from the ZEN30 lua driver to the new MultiChannel lua driver without having to exclude the switch from SmartThings? Open the Driver screen in the device view and click the Select different driver button at the bottom of the screen. Select the Zooz Multichannel Switch driver from the list. Exit the device in the app, and when you re-open it, you should be able to see all of the new settings, including the ability to create child devices in the app.
- Questions or issues? Feel free to post them in the dedicated thread on the SmartThings community forum.
If you're having issues during the driver installation process, don't hesitate to reach out. We strongly encourage you to register your Zooz products here so that we can troubleshoot with you more efficiently and also gives you direct access to firmware files, extended warranty, and expedited support.