Exclusion is always the first thing to try if you're experiencing inclusion issues with your device.
The process is a type of Z-Wave reset that is helpful at solving issues where your device can't seem to add to your hub. Even if the MultiRelay was never added successfully, you can still use your Hubitat app to exclude the device (the app would simply confirm that an "unknown" device was excluded). Also check if your Hubitat hub has the latest version installed. Once you have confirmed your hub is up to date, use these exclusion steps:
- Open Hubitat in your Internet browser
- Go to Devices
- Click on Discover Devices in the top right corner
- Click on Z-Wave
- Click on Start Z-Wave Exclusion
- While the device is searching for a device, click the Z-Wave button on the device 3 times as quickly as possible
- The app will indicate when the device is successfully excluded.
Once exclusion is completed, try including the device again using the process shown here. If you're still unable to add your MultiRelay after exclusion, here are some other things to try:
- Try the exclusion process once more. Sometimes commands from the first run aren't registered correctly, so we find that multiple exclusion attempts can be helpful.
- Try the inclusion process again, only this time instead of clicking the Z-Wave button 3 times, click it 4-5 times as quickly as possible.
- Try adding a Z-Wave signal repeater (any non-battery powered Z-Wave device) between the MultiRelay and hub to see if that helps communication. If you have a hand-held secondary hub, try using it to include the device. This is especially helpful if the relay is located in the garage, a location which can often come with range and connectivity issues.
- And if you find that your device is connected but it's not responding to remote commands, take a look at these connectivity troubleshoots that have helped users in the past.
But if you're still seeing issues with the exclusion/inclusion process no matter what you try, please reach out to us! We're here to help.