You'll need a custom device handler to add the MultiRelay correctly and have full control of all the device's channels.
If you haven't added handlers before, just follow the step-by-step instructions below. The process shouldn't take more than 5 minutes:
- Exclude the MultiRelay (if you already included it to ST) and log in here with the same information you use for your SmartThings app.
- Click on My Device Handlers in the top menu.
- In the top right corner, click on "Create new device handler" and choose "from code" from the top tab menu. You'll be presented with a blank area where you can paste the code from the following link. Please click on this link to access the code for the handler, then copy ALL of the code from the page.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and click Create.
- Now click Save, then click Publish > For Me.
You should see this device type in your list of device handlers. Now add the MultiRelay to your system:
- Tap the plus icon in the home screen
- Tap Device
- Tap "Scan nearby" (in the corner of the screen)
- While the app says "Scanning...", click the Z-Wave button on the device 3 times very quickly (LED indicator will start flashing)
- The app will indicate when the device connects
- Tap Edit to rename the device, and tap Done to save the name
- Tap Done to complete the setup
NOTE: You’ll most likely see 4 new on/off devices in your app:
- 3 channels for on/off control of each relay
- 1 master node to control all relays at the same time and to access and adjust advanced settings in (if your hub supports parameter input)
If you're having issues with adding the relay correctly to your hub, try excluding the device using the steps shown here before trying to add the relay again. Exclusion acts as a reset and it can help with a variety of configuration issues.
If exclusion doesn't help, reach out to us for assistance.