You'll need to install the custom Edge driver to add the MultiRelay correctly and have full control of all the device's channels.
Please follow the instructions found here to install the Edge driver for the ZEN16 Multirelay.
With the driver installed, here's how you can add the MultiRelay to your system:
- Tap the plus icon in the home screen
- Tap Device
- Tap "Scan nearby" (in the corner of the screen)
- While the app says "Scanning...", click the Z-Wave button on the device 3 times very quickly (LED indicator will start flashing)
- The app will indicate when the device connects
- Tap Edit to rename the device, and tap Done to save the name
- Tap Done to complete the setup
For the ZEN16 model, as for all other multichannel devices, child devices will display as tiles in the main device view. No individual devices will be created for child outlets. This means that the child outlets cannot be renamed or controlled individually from a smart speaker for the time being. They can be controlled individually from the SmartThings app and in Automations (scenes and routines) in SmartThings.
If you would like to have each relay to display as a separate device in your SmartThings hub to rename them and control them from your smart speaker, please follow these steps:
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the device view in the SmartThings app.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to enable Create Child Devices so that a separate device is created for each relay.
- The new devices will be automatically created under "No room assigned". There's currently no way to assign a room to child devices but you can rename them and control them from your smart speaker now.
To change any other settings in the app: once the driver is installed and the device is included to your SmartThings network, click on the relay in your app and tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app. Then tap Settings. There you'll be able to customize your device.
If you're having issues with adding the relay correctly to your hub, try excluding the device using the steps shown here before trying to add the relay again. Exclusion acts as a reset and it can help with a variety of configuration issues.
If exclusion doesn't help, reach out to us for assistance.