As a SmartThings user, yours is one of the only Z-Wave hubs that gives you the ability to assign built-in audio messages to your ZSE19 Multisiren and use them in rules and automations.
This is because currently many hubs don't support the Sound Switch command class, which is required to enable this functionality. Examples of audio notifications and rules that you can enable:
- Trigger a motion detection announcement when a motion sensor reports presence unexpectedly
- Play a doorbell sound when the contact sensor on the front door is activated
- Upload a custom message or sound to use in any scenario you wish!
You'll just need to install the custom device handler for the unit and follow the steps below to start taking advantage of your Multisiren's audio speaker.
IMPORTANT: If you'd like to change the volume of the audio file played in your new automation, please set it BEFORE programming the rule: click on the MultiSiren in the SmartThings app, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner, scroll down to the Chime Volume setting and select the volume level, then exit the settings for the new volume level to save. Only now proceed with the below steps to program the automation.
Here's how to create a rule using the audio speaker functionality:
- Tap the menu icon on the left of your home screen
- Tap the orange and purple SmartApps icon in the second line of the menu
- Click the "+" symbol in the top right corner
- Scroll down and choose Speaker Companion from the list
- Choose Play a Notification
- Choose Custom Message > select Done
- Input the sound number you want to play under Play this message (see sound numbers below) > tap Done
- Tap On this Speaker Player > select Multisiren > select Done
- Under When, choose the type of event you want to assign the notification to. For example, select Motion Here and then the motion sensor you want to automate. Select Done.
- Review the additional options to see if you'd like to customize the rule further. Rename the rule if you'd like.
- Select Done
Here are some sounds to choose from along with the number inputs they correspond with:
- Siren open alert
- Smoke alert
- Water leak alert
- System disarmed alert
- System armed alert
- Low battery alert
- Siren sound
- Battery not charging warning
- Controller power off alert
- Beep #2
- Home network alert
- GSM network alert
- Motion alert #1
- Door/window open alert
- Attempted entry alert
- Tamper alert for doors/windows
- Tamper alert detector
- Tamper alert for motion detectors
- Device added alert
- Panic alert
- Motion alert #2
- Device removed alert
- Searching for a new device alert
- No new device found alert
- Keypad tamper alert
- Interference alert
- Armed mode alert
- Manual mode alert
- Disarmed mode alert
- Power supply cut off alert
- Electricity limit alert
- Heating alert
Let us know if you have any questions about the process. We'll be happy to help.