Let's start by performing general exclusion on the unit.
Your Z-Wave system may refer to this process as "unpairing" or "disconnecting" or "removing" a device, but we refer to this as exclusion. It's a type of reset that can help with a variety of configuration or connectivity issues, so always try this first. The ZSE19 Multisiren doesn't need to be connected to your system for you to exclude it successfully.
- Bring the Multisiren within 3 feet of your Z-Wave hub
- Put your Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (see your controller's manual for details, as each brand is different)
- Click the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly
- Your hub should confirm exclusion and the siren will disappear from the interface
Once you receive confirmation of exclusion, try adding the device back to the system to see if that solves the issue. And if that still doesn't help, try these things next:
- Try the exclusion process once more, just in case the commands didn't register correctly the first time
- Click the Z-Wave button 4-5 times quickly when adding it or try adding it in a non-secure mode.
- If excluding/including from the installation location, try it again closer to the hub. If the second try is successful, the original spot may be out of range.
- It may seem unlikely, but check the batteries and make sure they're positioned properly (especially if you're not seeing LED activity). This has been a solution in the past!
Tried everything above with no luck? General questions about the process? Let us know!