The sensor works best with SmartThings with the custom device handler installed.
The handler will help with the set up and make sure the sensor is recognized by SmartThings properly. Here's how to add the handler for the ZSE29 VER. 2.0 (if you have a VER. 1.0 sensor, please do NOT install this handler):
- Exclude the sensor from your network and log in here with the same information you use for your ST app.
- Click on My Device Handlers in the top menu
- In the top right corner, click on "Create new device handler" and choose "from code" from the top tab menu. You'll be presented with a blank area where you can paste the code for the handler. Please click on this link to access the code, then copy ALL of the code from the page. Once copied, paste it into the blank window on the SmartThings page.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and click create.
- Now click save, then click publish > for me.
Once you see the handler on your list of device handlers, include the sensor using one of the methods listed here.
To access the settings, just click on the sensor in your device list, then tap the 3 dots in the corner and click Settings to adjust any parameters you need to customize the device. When done, click the tamper switch on the sensor 3 times as quickly as possible to wake it up so it can accept the new settings right away.
Let us know if you have any questions about the process! We're always happy to help.