Let's start by excluding the switch.
It may sound counter-intuitive, but exclusion is just a reset. A device doesn't need to be included to be able to be excluded. Here's how to do it:
1. Bring your Z-Wave hub as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller into exclusion mode
3. Tap the LOWER paddle 3 times quickly to finalize the exclusion process
If that didn't work, it's possible some of the tips below will help:
- Start by excluding the switch one more time. Maybe the exclusion commands didn't go through initially.
- If possible, try bringing the hub within direct range of the switch if you were at a large distance the first time. If you have a hand-held secondary controller, try using it to include the switch.
- Try the inclusion process again, only this time instead of tapping 3 times, tap the upper paddle 4-5 times as quickly as possible. This can help make sure the commands are registered correctly.
- And if you find that your switch is connected but it's not responded to remote commands, check out these tips for troubleshooting connectivity.
If you've tried all the above with no luck, let us know! We're always happy to help.