You can wire your Zooz S2 switches in a 5-way as long as one of the boxes has power and neutral coming in directly from the breaker. These instructions are for ZEN26 and ZEN27 models only.
How do you know if that's the case? The easiest way to find out is to look for a black wire bundle and white wire bundle in the back of your multi-gang box. If you're dealing with single boxes only, you'll need to measure voltage on the black leads coming into each box in a 14-2 romex. Still not sure what you're looking for? Send us a few pics and we'll help you out!
We've created 5-way diagrams for the most common 4 switch set-up. But there are many different ways to wire multi-point control installations and if you're not able to match yours with the below "before" drawing, please don't experiment and reach out to us first for custom instructions.
Here are some things to note before you proceed with the installation:
- A 5-way is what we call 4-point control so 4 different switches controlling the same set of lights.
- These instructions can only be used with ZEN26 and ZEN27, if you have ZEN21, ZEN22, ZEN23, ZEN24 VER. 2.0 switches, please click here for the 5-way wiring diagram.
- You have to install the Zooz switch in the box with direct connection to power line and neutral.
- Always use simple on/off 3-way and 4-way switches when connecting them to Zooz switches. No dimmers or electronic switches with a LED indicator may be wired to Zooz switches or dimmers.
- There are many different types of 3-way and 4-way switches, some will have common terminals on top of the switch, some on the bottom. Always locate the common terminals first and adjust the orientation of the wires accordingly. Don't follow the diagrams blindly.
- The colors of your wires may not match the ones in our diagrams so please make sure you've identified all wires correctly based on their source, not color only.
- The diagrams show all connections but ground (it was excluded to simplify the illustration). Make sure all ground wires are connected to all switches respectively.
Once you're 100% sure you've identified all wires, please make sure power is off and wire the Zooz switch according to the diagrams below:
OPTION 1 with load and line in the same box (this is the less common scenario):
OPTION 2 with load and line in separate boxes (this is the most common scenario):
If you have any doubts or questions about the diagrams, please DON'T attempt the installation. Get in touch with our support for quick help!