5-Way Diagram for ZEN21, ZEN22, ZEN23, and ZEN24 VER. 2.0 Switches
Zooz VER. 2.0 switches are compatible with 5-ways in certain conditions.
Check out the attached diagram illustrating the 5-way. Here are some things to note:
- A 5-way is what we call 4-point control so 4 different switches controlling the same set of lights.
- You have to have load and line in the same switch box to install Zooz Ver 2.0 in a 5-way. If you have line and load separated between two boxes, there is no way to wire the Zooz switch with the other 3 existing switches.
- If you have load and line in separate boxes, please ask us about the new light switches we'll be releasing soon that will accommodate this set-up.
- Depending on the type of 4-way switches you have, you may have to rewire the middle 4-way switches where 2 black wires are on one side and 2 white wires are on the other side (rather than being across from each other).
- The diagrams show all connections but ground (the ground wire was excluded in order to simplify the illustrations).
- Colors and location of the common screw on the 3-way switches are just for illustration and will not always match your set-up so please don't follow the colors or screw orientation blindly.
- Use only simple on/off switches without LED indicators when wiring them with Zooz Z-Wave switches (no dimmers!).
- All boxes need to be rewired.
If you have any doubts about your set up or the installation process, hold on there! Don't connect any wires without 100% certainty of the process. Let us know if you have any questions about the installation. We'll be happy to help.