Inclusion issues are common among all Z-Wave devices, and they're usually nothing to worry about.
They can be the result of configuration errors during the inclusion process or your device can be associated with a different network - sometimes the factory's or manufacturer's network. In any case, we always recommend removing the ZEN20 Power Strip from your Vera and then re-including it to see if that helps the issue.
If you’re running your VeraLite, VeraEdge, VeraPlus, or VeraSecure on the latest UI7, try pairing the ZEN20 Power Strip first. It should be included as a Generic Z-Wave device. Once inclusion times out, try the steps below:
1. Tap the green Retry button in the bottom right corner of the app - this will put Vera into exclusion mode.
2. Exclude the device by pressing and releasing the CH1 button 3 TIMES QUICKLY.
3. Vera will confirm exclusion. Retry the inclusion process.
When dealing with older firmware, just press the exclusion ("-") button on the hub and try the exclusion process outlined above (though it should be noted - we highly recommend updating to UI7 to take advantage of all the security, compatibility, and interface upgrades that come with the new software).
If exclusion and re-inclusion just aren't working out, here are some other things to try:
- Let's give exclusion another go. It's always possible the exclusion commands from the first attempt weren't registered correctly.
- Try the inclusion process again, only this time instead of the CH1 button 3 times, try pressing it 5-6 times as quickly and firmly as possible. This can help make sure the commands go through.
- If possible, try bringing the ZEN20 Power Strip closer to Vera if you were at a large distance the first time. If you have a hand-held secondary controller, try using it to complete the inclusion process.
- And if you find that your strip is connected but it's not responded to remote commands, check out these troubleshoots for range and connectivity issues on Vera.
If you have any questions about the process or find that it doesn't help your issue, let us know!