You'll have access to the ZEN14's advanced settings once the Edge driver is installed on your hub. Please install the driver before you include your plug to SmartThings for best results.
Below are the instructions on how to install the new custom lua Edge driver. The process is very straightforward and only takes a few minutes. Please read all instructions carefully before installing the driver.
DEVICE ALREADY INCLUDED?:
- Drivers can now be manually assigned to a device! If you already have the device included to SmartThings, first follow the instructions in the section below to install the driver, then go to the device page by clicking on the device tile > click the 3 dots in top corner > select Driver > select Different Driver in blue at the bottom of driver page > select the Zooz Multichannel Switch driver.
Click on to the Zooz Channel invitation link here and log in with your Samsung / SmartThings account.
Click Accept for Terms and Conditions.
Select to Enroll your hub.
If you're completing the process on a mobile device, you might see the screen load as if it were completing the request, but still show the Enroll button. Please try refreshing the screen, or going back a page, and then going to the enrollment page again - it should now show the Unenroll and Available Drivers options.
Click the “Available Drivers” button.
Scroll through the list and click the “Install” button for the Zooz Multichannel Switch Driver. It should include the ZEN14 in its list of models.
If you have multiple Zooz device models, you can install as many or all drivers if you'd like so that you don't have to repeat the process for other devices going forward. You won't need to install the driver for each device model if you have multiple of the same model or type. For example, if you have 2 Double Plugs and 1 Power Strip which both use the same Multichannel Switch Driver, you only need to install the driver once and it will work for all 3 devices.
Wait a few minutes so that the updates are registered on your SmartThings hub.
Join the device using the Scan QR Code method or the Scan for devices (manual inclusion) method (see detailed instructions here).
The device should be recognized as a Zooz Double Outdoor Plug ZEN14.
Rename the device as needed and assign it to the room you want it in.
If you would like to have each channel display as a separate device in your SmartThings hub to rename them and control them from your smart speaker, please follow these steps:
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the device view in the SmartThings app.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to enable Create Child Devices so that a separate device is created for each relay.
- The new devices will be automatically created under "No room assigned". There's currently no way to assign a room to child devices but you can rename them and control them from your smart speaker now.
To change the settings in the app: once the driver is installed and the device is included to your SmartThings network, click on the Double Outdoor Plug device in your app and tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app. Then tap Settings. There you'll be able to customize your device. Access all of the advanced settings for the Double Outdoor Plug here.
- Device doesn’t get identified by the correct driver / as the correct product: remove the device and try adding it again.
- Sync Status tile is empty: it should update to show the number of pending changes as soon as you change a setting, but if it doesn’t then you can either wait about 30 minutes and reboot the hub or just wait and it should fix itself within24 hours. Note that the switch driver doesn't feature the sync status tile at all.
- Device list in the IDE shows that it’s executing in the “cloud”: testing has confirmed that the devices execute locally in Automations as long as all the devices uses in that Automation execute locally. Because the drivers aren’t meant to be viewed in the IDE, they may not display the actual cloud vs local status correctly.
- Only one part of the device is available on the smart speaker app: there is currently a limitation on the new platform that prevents the driver from creating multiple devices in the app which would allow for individual control of each child device via voice. This means that while child devices are available as individual devices in the Routines and Automations tools in the SmartThings app, only the main device will show up for voice control in the smart speaker app.
- Questions or issues? Feel free to post them in the dedicated thread on the SmartThings community forum.
If you're having issues during the driver installation process, don't hesitate to reach out. We strongly encourage you to register your Zooz products here so that we can troubleshoot with you more efficiently and also gives you direct access to firmware files, extended warranty, and expedited support.