How to Add Your Multisiren to SmartThings
Which SmartThings app are you using? The inclusion process is different for each, so double check this detail.
As of December 2018, SmartThings is still in the process of transitioning between the SmartThings Classic app and the newer SmartThings app. The new app is still missing a lot of features, like a Network Repair function, so we recommend using Classic. Regardless of which app you're using, you'll need to install a custom device handler for full functionality with SmartThings.
With the handler installed, go ahead with auto-including or manually including your Multisiren to SmartThings whether you're using the Classic app or the newer SmartThings app.
Auto-include with the Classic app:
- Tap the My Home tab
- Tap + Add a Thing
- While the app searches for devices, insert the four batteries, making sure they're oriented correctly
- The new siren should appear on the device list
Auto-include with the new SmartThings app:
- Tap Add device in the home page
- While the app says "Searching for available devices..." insert the four batteries, making sure they're oriented correctly
- After a few seconds, the new siren should appear in the app. Rename it if needed and return to the home page
Manually include with the Classic app:
- Tap Add thing in your Classic app
- Click the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly (the button is next to the battery compartment)
- A new siren will appear on your device list
Manually include with the new SmartThings app:
- From the Dashboard, tap Add device
- Android: Tap Add Device Manually
- Select the Siren category and then any Z-Wave siren, regardless of brand. With the device handler installed, the device will be recognized correctly.
- If you have more than one SmartThings Hub connected, select the Hub you'd like to connect the device to
- Click the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly
- The app will indicate when the device connects
- Tap Edit to rename the device, and tap Done to save the name
- Tap Done to complete the setup
Once the Multisiren is included, perform network repair to optimize connectivity (Using the SmartThings Classic app - at the time of writing, the new app doesn't offer this feature). This will help SmartThings find the best communication route to the device. Here's how to repair the network.
If you're having issues including your siren to SmartThings, we'd recommend excluding it using these steps and trying the inclusion process again.
Got questions? Issues? Don't hesitate to reach out to us!