Will my ZEN71 Switch work with my Z-Wave hub?
The ZEN71 was verified as compatible with the following Z-Wave systems:
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for all Zooz products)
- 2GIG (no advanced settings or scene control)
- ADT Pulse (no advanced settings or scene control)
- Almond (Securify)
- Fibaro Home Center 2
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant (Z-Wave JS)
- Homey (Zooz App for Homey)
- Open Z-Wave
- Ring (no advanced settings or scene control)
- SmartThings Hub (custom device handler needed to access advanced settings and scene control, find it here)
- Wink and Wink 2
- Zipato Z-Wave Zipabox Smart Home Controller
- Zipato ZipaTile Home Automation Controller
If you've tried the On Off Switch 700 on a Z-Wave system other than those listed above, and confirmed it works well for you, please reach out and let us know! We'd be happy to add it to the above compatibility list.
Will the device work with my alarm panel?
Yes, but without advanced settings access.
Alarm panels like Alarm.com will typically only support single switches, door locks, select thermostats, and any authorized items on their list. We would recommend reaching out to your alarm panel company to verify compatibility and to get the latest on any device integrations they may be working on.
It would be up to your alarm panel to integrate the device, as it follows Z-Wave protocol and has been Z-Wave certified. There is nothing we can change on our end to have the ZEN71 be recognized fully; Alarm.com would have to support the integration. Read more about alarm panel compatibility here.
Can I connect the device directly to my Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or other smart speaker?
No. Smart speakers like Alexa or Google are not equipped with a Z-Wave chip and are not Z-Wave gateway controllers.
Smart speakers are integrated with certain Z-Wave hubs, like SmartThings or Hubitat, which is how you can have voice control of your Z-Wave devices from your smart speakers.
Without a compatible Z-Wave hub, no Z-Wave products will function correctly with Alexa or Google alone.
Still not sure if your hub will work? Send us a message!