You can test the range of your ZEN32 Scene Controller straight from the device. Just follow the steps below to see if you have good Z-Wave coverage in the location of your switch.
Hold the relay button down for 20 seconds until the LED indicator turns solid red, then within 2 seconds click button 4 to enter range test mode – all LED indicators will start blinking white. All LED indicators will then report signal strength:
- Solid green = direct communication with the primary controller is stable
- Flashing green = direct communication with the primary controller is established but signal is weak
- Solid blue = stable communication with hub via repeaters
- Flashing blue = communication with the primary controller is established via repeaters but signal is weak
- Solid red = communication with the primary controller has failed
If your device doesn't display a good connection with the hub but it's responding to all commands and working as expected, it may be a temporary network glitch and you can ignore it. But if you're having actual communication issues with your switch and the indicated coverage is poor, we recommend adding a couple of Z-Wave repeaters between the hub and your ZEN32 Scene Controller to improve your network's reliability. Any non-battery Z-Wave device will act as a Z-Wave signal repeater.
Need more help? Contact us here.