A factory reset can help resolve some ZSE43 configuration issues.
When to perform a factory reset:
- You have tried to exclude the sensor from your network
- It is unresponsive to manual and Z-Wave control
A hard reset will erase all custom settings and recorded activity, returning the device to factory defaults.
Steps to factory reset the ZSE43:
- Ensure the sensor is powered on
- Click the Z-Wave button twice and hold it the third time for 10 seconds. The LED indicator will blink continuously.
- Once the LED becomes solid, within 3 seconds, click the Z-Wave button twice more to finalize the reset.
- The LED indicator will flash 3 times to confirm a successful reset
After resetting the unit, try including it to your Z-Wave hub again to see if that helped resolve any issues you were seeing.
If your ZSE43 is having trouble being reset, or if you're still experiencing issues after the reset, reach out to our support.