The ZEN32 Scene Controller is an awesome addition for any smart home!
If you're looking to have the ZEN32 match your wall plates, we would recommend getting Leviton white wall plates, commonly found in most hardware stores.
The ZEN32 Scene Controller is available in white and light almond. Find the light almond variant here.
How can I make sure I install the ZEN32 correctly? We would recommend starting with closely reading the instructions included with your Scene Controller and gathering the tools you'll need BEFORE you start the installation. Inside the box with your new switch is also a neutral jumper needed in most installs. If you decide you need more wire or wire nuts to finish your installation, then we would recommend 14 AWG, as used in most standard 120 V installations. Other basic electrical tools you should have on hand include a voltage meter and electrical pliers.
Important: Only the Main Switch Button of the ZEN32 can have a load connected to it, though you can use the ZEN32 without any load at all! The switch cannot be used with ballast tube lights, switched receptacles, or fans over 3A / 5 years old. We also don't recommend mixing incandescent and LED bulbs in the same installation.
The switch button is rated for 960W Incandescent, 150W LED and CFL bulbs, 1800W (15A) Resistive, or 3A fan motors.
More information about what can or cannot be connected to Zooz switches can be found here in our Knowledge Base: General Questions about Zooz Light Switches.
Check out these guidelines to ensure your ZEN32 installation is installed correctly:
- Review the right wiring diagram. Make sure you're using the correct diagram found in the ZEN32 Manual when connecting the wiring for your Scene Controller.
- Determine the wiring in your switch box. What's in your switch box might not line up with our diagrams so refer to the image in this guide to make sure you're making the right wire connections before installing.
- Check for neutral. The ZEN32, like all Zooz switches, needs to be connected to neutral to be installed. Check with us if you're not sure if there's neutral in the box.
- Bring in a licensed electrician. Hiring a licensed professional to install your switch is recommended, especially if you're not confident with electrical installations.
- Ask us for help. Feel free to reach out to us if you need help with the wiring or want to see if the ZEN32 will work for your installation. Just submit a ticket with your order number so we can verify the model (Amazon order numbers work too!) and images of the wiring in each switch box so we can send the most accurate directions.
Have some questions before installing the ZEN32 Scene Controller? Reach out to us, we'll be happy to help!