Your ZSE43 Tilt | Shock Sensor can be added to Home Assistant in just a few easy steps! We recommend using the new JS Z-Wave integration for best results.
Here are the instructions for joining the ZSE43:
- Power the sensor up
- In Home Assistant: click on Add a Z-Wave Device
- When Home Assistant displays the following message: "Your Z-Wave controller is now in inclusion mode. Follow the directions that came with your device to trigger pairing on the device," click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible (the LED indicator will start flashing)
- If asked to enter the SmartStart security PIN, enter the PIN located under the QR code printed on the inside of the sensor's battery cover
- Home Assistant will confirm that the sensor was added, and it will be immediately visible in your device list. Within a short time, seconds to minutes, the entities should also be created. If they don't, click the Z-Wave button 4 times quickly to wake the sensor up so it can fully configure.
If Home Assistant is having trouble recognizing the device: try removing or excluding the sensor first. The process helps with configuration and inclusion issues. This can be done even if the ZSE43 hasn't been included before. To exclude:
- In Home Assistant: open Configuration > Integrations > Z-Wave JS > Configure
- Click on Remove Node
- Click on Start Exclusion
- Click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible (the LED indicator will start flashing)
- Home Assistant will confirm that the device was removed, and you should now be able to add it to your system
We'll be happy to help if you have any other issues or questions! Just reach out to us!