Will the Power Switch ZEN15 work with my hub?
The Power Switch works great with the following Z-Wave systems:
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for all Zooz products)
- 2GIG (no advanced settings available)
- ADT Pulse (no advanced settings available)
- Alarm.com (no advanced settings available)
- Almond (Securify)
- Fibaro Home Center 2
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Open Z-Wave
- Piper (no power consumption info or advanced settings - on/off control only)
- Ring (no power consumption info or advanced settings - on/off control only)
- SmartThings Hub
- Staples Connect DLink (no power consumption info or advanced settings - on/off control only)
- Wink and Wink 2 (no power consumption info or advanced settings - on/off control only)
- Zipato ZipaTile
It will also be recognized by any open systems which support on/off (binary switch) device types. If your hub is not listed above, please get in touch with us before buying the plug to avoid the hassle of returns.
Will the device work with my alarm panel?
Yes, but with no access to the advanced settings.
Alarm panels like Alarm.com will typically only support single switches, door locks, select thermostats, and any authorized items on their list. We would recommend reaching out to your alarm panel company to verify compatibility and to get the latest on any device integrations they may be working on.
It would be up to your alarm panel to integrate the device, as it follows Z-Wave protocol and has been Z-Wave certified. There is nothing we can change on our end to have the ZEN15 be recognized properly; Alarm.com would have to support the integration. Read more about alarm panel compatibility here.
Can I connect the device directly to my Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or other smart speaker?
No. Smart speakers like Alexa or Google are not equipped with a Z-Wave chip and are not Z-Wave gateway controllers.
Smart speakers are integrated with certain Z-Wave hubs, like SmartThings or Hubitat, which is how you can have voice control of your Z-Wave devices from your smart speakers.
Without a compatible Z-Wave hub, no Z-Wave products will function correctly with Alexa or Google alone.
Still confused? Get in touch!