"Inclusion" refers to the process of adding or pairing a device to your Z-Wave system.
We thought we'd clarify this since each system uses different words for the same processes. You'll need to include your sensor to your network before mounting it in its final location. You can include it automatically or manually, so if auto-inclusion doesn't work out you can always try manual inclusion.
To auto-include your Outdoor Motion Sensor:
- Put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion/pairing mode (see your hub's manual for instructions since each brand is different). If you’re using an S2 hub, it may ask you to enter the DSK key printed on the back cover sticker to complete secure inclusion.
- Insert the batteries or the USB adapter board.
- The LED indicator will start blinking and the sensor will join the network automatically.
Here's how to manually include your Outdoor Motion Sensor:
- Put the Z-Wave hub into inclusion/pairing mode
- Click the tamper switch 3 times quickly.
- The LED indicator will start blinking fast and turn solid for a second to confirm inclusion and a new motion sensor will appear in your device list
If you've tried auto and manual inclusion but find the sensor is just not showing up, the first thing you should try is excluding the unit and then giving inclusion another go.
Have any questions about the inclusion process? Please let us know! We're always happy to help.