4-Way Diagram for ZEN21, ZEN22, ZEN23, and ZEN24 VER. 2.0 Switches
Zooz VER. 2.0 switches can be wired in 4-way set ups, but take note of these caveats before going ahead with the installation:
- A 4-way is what we call 3-point control so 3 different switches controlling the same set of lights (if you're looking for 4 point control with 4 switches in the install, click here).
- Zooz can only be wired in a 4-way if you have load and line in the same box. If you have load and line separated between two boxes, there's no way to wire Zooz Ver 2.0 with the two other existing switches.
- If you have load and line in separate boxes, please ask us about the new light switches we'll be releasing soon that will accommodate this set-up.
- Take a look at the diagram below - only 3-way switches are in use. You will need to replace your 4-way switch with a 3-way switch instead. You should have one extra since one box will be replaced with the Zooz switch.
- The diagrams show all connections but ground (the ground wire was excluded in order to simplify the illustrations).
- Colors and location of the common screw on the 3-way switches are just for illustration and will not always match your set-up so please don't follow the colors or screw orientation blindly.
- Use only simple on/off switches without LED indicators when wiring them with Zooz Z-Wave switches (no dimmers!).
- All boxes need to be rewired.
4-ways are tricky and even electricians sometimes have trouble making the connections right. Follow the diagram exactly as shown, making sure the Zooz switch is installed in the box with line and load in it.
If you have any questions about the process - hold off on the wiring! Reach out to us with any questions. We'll be happy to help.