Can't Connect My 4-in-1 Sensor to Vera
Hint: try excluding the device first. Exclusion is a type of soft reset that can help with most inclusion issues.
If you’re running your VeraLite, VeraEdge, VeraPlus, or VeraSecure on the latest UI7, try adding the 4-in-1 Sensor first. If you opted out of the latest firmware update that includes official integration for the sensor, it should be included as a Generic Z-Wave Device. Once inclusion times out, try the steps below:
- Tap the green Retry button in the bottom right corner of the app - this will put Vera into exclusion mode
- Exclude the 4-in-1 sensor by pressing and releasing the Z-Wave button TWICE quickly with a paperclip (make sure the battery cover is tightly CLOSED during the process)
- The LED indicator should flash 3 times, indicating the device has been successfully excluded
Note: When dealing with older firmware, just press the exclusion ("-") button on Vera and try the exclusion process outlined above (though we highly recommend updating to UI7 to take advantage of all the security, compatibility, and interface upgrades that come with the new software).
Once exclusion is completed, try including the sensor again using the procedure listed here. If you're still unable to include your sensor after exclusion, here are some other potential solutions:
- Try the exclusion process again! Sometimes commands from the first run aren't registered correctly, so it's worth trying.
- When including the sensor, make sure the battery cover is tightly closed!
- Try the inclusion process again, only this time instead of pressing the Z-Wave button twice, press it 6-7 times as quickly and as firmly as possible.
- Bring the sensor closer to the hub if you were at a large distance before, then exclude and re-include the unit from the new spot. If it adds without issue, it's possible the previous spot was out of range.
- Double check that the battery inside the device is positioned and oriented correctly - we know it sounds unlikely, but trust us, this has solved the issue before!
If you have any questions about the process or find that it doesn't help your issue, let us know!