With the official integration, you'll be able to choose the sensor directly from the device list to load it with preconfigured settings. Depending which Vera hub you're using, you can find the appropriate download using the links below.
And here's a helpful tutorial showing how to update your Vera hub's firmware.
If you prefer not to update your firmware going forward, you can add and configure your 4-in-1 Sensor manually so that you can enjoy seamless functionality on your Vera. Here's how to include the device:
1. Insert the CR123A battery and bring the device as close to Vera as possible
2. Put Vera into inclusion mode by selecting the Devices tab. Then click on the gray "+ Add Device" button
3. Choose Generic Z-Wave Device from the device list
4. Make sure the battery cover of the sensor is CLOSED
5. Press and release the Z-Wave button TWICE quickly with a paperclip
6. A new sensor will be recognized by Vera and appear on your device list
If the LED indicator blinks only once when you re-insert the batteries, please repeat the process above. And if you find that repeating the steps doesn't help, try excluding it from the network. This acts as a reset and usually helps Z-Wave devices include properly.
After including the device, you may find that the values aren't updating or that the device isn't registering motion. This indicates that you may need to manually configure the sensor using the steps below:
1. In the Vera online (browser) interface, select the sensor, then click on Advanced
2. Go to the Params tab and make the following changes:
- device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1
- device_file: D_MotionSensor1.xml
- device_json: D_MotionSensor1.json
- Category: 4
- SubCategory: 3
Then activate the sensor by clicking the Z-Wave button 2 times with a paperclip quickly. After that, it helps to leave the device by your Vera for a few hours so it can fully configure.
Have questions about the process above? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our team will be happy to help.