Can't Add My Double Plug to My Z-Wave System
Exclusion is the first thing to try. By "exclusion" we refer to the removal of a device from your Z-Wave system.
Different systems have different terms for the same action, so it never hurts to clarify! Exclusion is also like a soft reset. Even if your Double Plug was never successfully included to your Z-Wave hub, you can still exclude it. It can help a wide variety of issues, from connectivity to configuration to inclusion, so we always recommend trying this first. Here's how to do it:
- Plug the Double Plug into a grounded receptacle located within direct range of your Z-Wave hub
- Put your Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (see your controller's manual, as each brand is different)
- Press and release the Z-Wave button 3 TIMES QUICKLY
- Your hub will confirm exclusion and all of the channels (child outlets) and the main device will disappear from your controller's device list.
Once exclusion is completed, try re-including the Double Plug to your hub. But if exclusion doesn't help, here are some other things to try:
- Try the exclusion process once again. It's possible that the commands just didn't go through the first time.
- Bring the Double Plug closer to your hub when trying to include it again. If it includes successfully from a different spot, the previous location may be out of range.
- Once you put the hub into inclusion mode, press and release the Z-Wave button very quickly 4-5 times to ensure the command has gone through.
- If you're able to get the unit connected but find that it's become unresponsive in your Z-Wave app interface, it may be a range issue. Here's what to try.
If you're still experiencing issues with your Double Plug after trying everything above, please let us know!