Is my Z-Wave hub compatible with the ZEN74 Toggle Dimmer?
The ZEN74 Dimmer was verified as compatible with the following Z-Wave systems:
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for all Zooz products)
- 2GIG (no advanced settings or scene control)
- Abode (no advanced settings or scene control)
- ADT Pulse (no advanced settings or scene control)
- Almond (Securify) (no advanced settings or scene control)
- Fibaro Home Center 2
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant (Z-Wave JS)
- Open Z-Wave
- Ring (no advanced settings or scene control)
- SmartThings Hub (custom device handler needed for scene control and advanced settings, download here)
- Wink and Wink 2 (no advanced settings or scene control)
If you've tried the ZEN74 on a Z-Wave system other than those listed above, and confirmed it works well for you, please contact us! We'll be happy to add it to the ZEN74 compatibility list.
Will the device work with my alarm panel?
Yes, but without advanced settings access
Alarm panels like Alarm.com will typically only support single switches, door locks, select thermostats, and any authorized items on their list. We would recommend reaching out to your alarm panel company to verify compatibility and to get the latest on any device integrations they may be working on.
It would be up to your alarm panel to provide access to the advanced settings, as the dimmer follows Z-Wave protocol and has been Z-Wave certified. There is nothing we can change on our end to have the Dimmer's advanced settings be recognized correctly; Alarm.com would have to support the integration. Read more about alarm panel compatibility here.
Can I connect the device directly to my Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or other smart speaker?
No. Smart speakers like Alexa or Google are not equipped with a Z-Wave chip and are not Z-Wave gateway controllers.
Smart speakers are integrated with certain Z-Wave hubs, like SmartThings or Hubitat, which is how you can have voice control of your Z-Wave devices from your smart speakers.
Without a compatible Z-Wave hub, no Z-Wave products will function correctly with Alexa or Google alone.
Please send us a message if you have any questions!