Grab the right tools and accessories for your ZEN72 installation!
Looking to match your existing wall plates? Shopping for new plates? We've got you covered. The Leviton white wall plates will match the white of your ZEN72 Dimmer. They should be available in your local hardware store.
For 3-way installations (or set-ups including more than 1 switch), to match the mechanical on / off switches, use Leviton white on / off switches. Zooz switches do not require any smart add-on switches for 3-or more-way locations. You'll need to connect them to regular on/off 3-way switches at the other end of the set-up.
Looking for different color paddles? The ZEN72 dimmer, like all 700 series paddle switches, has replaceable paddles. You can buy brown, black, or light almond paddles for the ZEN72 Dimmer here.
Want to be able to dim both sides of the 3-way? The ZEN72 Dimmer supports a momentary switch in a 3-way set-up. A momentary switch is a type of push button that only works while being pressed and held. You could use the ZEN72 in the primary box and a Zooz ZAC99 momentary switch in the other box. They would need to be wired according to the ZEN72 diagrams, and after pairing the ZEN72 to your Z-Wave hub, you'd need to change the advanced setting for 3-way switch type to momentary for the ZEN72. Send us a message here if you need more information!
Prep for your installation. We recommend collecting the tools you'll need and closely reading the instructions provided with your Zooz switch BEFORE beginning the installation. A neutral jumper needed in most installs is included in the box with your Zooz switch, but if you need additional wire or wire nuts to complete the installation, then the recommended wire gauge for your installation is 14 AWG as used in most standard 120 V installations. Other basic electrical tools you may need on hand for the installation include a voltage meter and electrical pliers.
Before You Begin: Make sure the load you're connecting is compatible for the ZEN72. This dimmer is rated to handle up to 500W for incandescent bulbs or 150W for LED lights. It cannot be used to control a receptacle/outlet and we don't recommend mixing incandescent and LED bulbs in the same installation. Please check out our helpful article to learn more about what can or cannot be connected to Zooz switches here: General Questions about Zooz Light Switches.
Check out these tips for connecting your ZEN72 before you start:
- Use the correct diagram! Wiring diagrams for single pole installations can be found under each switch's product page, while 3-or more-way diagrams are located right here in our Knowledge Base or in the ZEN72's manual.
- Check your wires. Zooz switches can be wired differently than your existing switches, and may even have a different wiring diagram than another model Zooz switch. For example, you should wire your ZEN72 using a ZEN77's 3-way diagram - they wire differently in these types of set-ups. Check out this guide to properly identify your wires before installing.
- Confirm there is neutral wiring. All Zooz switches require neutral for installation. Not sure if you have it? Contact us!
- Hire a licensed professional. If you don't know your way around electrical installations, then we would recommend hiring a licensed electrician to install the switch.
- Connect us for help! Your home's wiring might be different than what's in the diagram and that's okay. Submit a ticket with your order number for your unit (so we can verify the model, Amazon order numbers are fine too!) and images of the wiring in each switch box (to ensure the most accurate directions) and we'll be happy to assist with the wiring.
Let us know if you have any other questions about your ZEN72 dimmer, we'll be happy to help!