You can use the ZSE18 Motion Sensor as a signal repeater in your Z-Wave mesh network if it's powered by a micro USB cable. Here is how to do that:
1. Connect the sensor to a micro USB cable and a matching power adapter (a regular 5V / 1A power supply will do great)
2. Place it at or around the location you'll be using it so the route is optimized right away
3. Put your controller into inclusion/add mode
4. Open the battery cover and scan the QR code located inside of the sensor's cover if using SmartStart
5. Click the Z-Wave button on the sensor 3 times quickly, the LED indicator will start blinking
If the sensor isn't found or doesn't include, perform factory reset and try adding it again.
NOTE: If your sensor was first added on battery power, you will need to exclude it, take out the battery, connect your USB power source, and include it to your hub again in order for the device to be recognized as a Z-Wave signal repeater.
Questions about the inclusion process? Please let us know! We'll be happy to help.