Can't Add My ZSE29 Outdoor Motion Sensor to Vera
Exclusion is the first thing to try.
If you gave inclusion a try and were unsuccessful, try adding the sensor again and then trying the steps below once inclusion times out. VeraLite users - double check that your system is running on UI7 to ensure a smooth configuration process.
- Tap the green Retry button in the bottom right corner of the app - this will put Vera into exclusion mode
- Exclude the sensor by clicking the tamper switch 3 times quickly (the tamper switch is right next to the battery compartment)
- Vera will confirm exclusion and the sensor will disappear from your device list
When dealing with older firmware, just press the exclusion ("-") button on Vera and try the exclusion process outlined above (though we highly recommend updating to UI7 to take advantage of all the security, compatibility, and interface upgrades that come with the new software).
After exclusion, give inclusion another try. But if that still doesn't help, here are some other things to try:
- Try the exclusion process again! Sometimes commands from the first run aren't registered correctly, so it's worth trying.
- Try the inclusion process again, only this time instead of clicking the tamper switch 3 times, click it 4-5 times as quickly as possible.
- Try including in a non-secure mode if you attempted adding it securely the first time.
- Bring the sensor closer to Vera to verify it's not a range issue.
- Double check that the device is powered and that the batteries are oriented properly.
And if that still doesn't solve the issue, don't hesitate to reach out!