You'll be able to create schedules and add the Power Strip to custom Robots. However, you won't have access to the Power Strip's advanced settings and parameter inputs. You also won't be able to monitor the device's energy consumption - this is a limitation in Wink's interface. The same applies for other Z-Wave Plus devices with advanced options. Regardless, you'll still be able to take advantage of the Power Switch's most important functionality: quick and reliable on/off control of 5 individuals lights and devices. Here's how to add your Power Strip to Wink:
1. Plug the Power Strip into a grounded receptacle you’re planning to use it at (it doesn’t need to be close to the hub)
2. Click on Hubs
3. Click on Settings (the three dots in the upper right corner)
4. Click on your hub (most likely named Wink Hub)
5. Scroll down to Settings and click on Z-Wave Controls
6. Click on Inclusion Mode
7. Press the CH1 button 3 times quickly
8. Rename your Power Strip and start automating!
If you've tried including the strip to Wink but it's just not working out, here's what you should try first.
If you have any questions about the process above or want to know more about Wink's functionality, reach out to us! Our team will be happy to help.