Exclusion acts as a reset. Even if your Smart Plug was never successfully included to your Z-Wave hub, we find it helps with a host of inclusion and configuration issues. Here are the step-by-step instructions showing how to exclude your Smart Plug:
1. Plug the Smart Plug into a grounded receptacle located within 3 feet from your Z-Wave gateway controller
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in exclusion mode (see your controller's manual, as each brand is different. And if you're not sure how to enable exclusion mode on your controller, let us know!)
3. Press and release the Z-Wave button 3 TIMES QUICKLY
4. The LED indicator will flash orange
5. The LED indicator will remain solid orange for a few seconds to indicate exclusion
Once exclusion is completed, try re-including the Smart Plug to your hub.
If exclusion doesn't help, here are some other things to try:
If you're still seeing issues with the device after trying everything above, please reach out to us! Our team will be happy to help.