It sounds counter-intuitive, but even if your Smart Plug was never successfully paired with Wink, you can still exclude the device. Exclusion acts as a reset and can solve a variety of configuration issues. Just follow the steps below to exclude the Smart Plug. Be sure to try re-including it within direct range of Wink after exclusion is confirmed:
1. Click on Hubs
2. Click on Settings (the three dots in the upper right corner)
3. Click on your hub (most likely named Wink Hub)
5. Scroll down to Settings and click on Z-Wave Controls
6. Click on Exclusion Mode
7. Press and release the Z-Wave button 3 times very quickly
8. While the app will NOT confirm exclusion of the device, your Wink hub will go from blinking blue to a solid green light to confirm the device was successfully excluded. Wait for the LED indicator to turn green before exiting Exclusion.
After exclusion, you can give inclusion another try using the steps outlined here.
If you have any questions about the process above or want to know more about Wink's functionality, reach out to us! Our team will be happy to help.