Can't Connect My 4-in-1 Sensor to My Z-Wave System
Exclusion can help with a variety of inclusion and configuration issues.
Think of it as a soft reset. Even if the 4-in-1 Sensor hasn't been included to your hub, you can still exclude the device. Give this a try especially if you're having issues including your sensor:
1. Bring the sensor within 3 feet of your Z-Wave hub
2. Put your Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (see your controller's manual for details, as each brand is different)
3. Close the battery cover on the sensor tightly
4. Press and release the Z-Wave button TWICE quickly with a paperclip
5. Your hub should confirm exclusion; the sensor will disappear from your device list
Once exclusion is completed, try re-including the sensor to your hub.
If the process above wasn't successful, here are some other things to try:
- Try the exclusion process once more. It's possible that the commands just didn't go through the first time.
- Check that the sensor's battery cover is tightly closed. Even a slightly open cover will activate tamper mode and prevent the sensor from entering inclusion/exclusion modes.
- Click the Z-Wave button 6-7 times quickly with a paperclip while including it. This will help make sure the commands are registered.
- If excluding/including from the installation location, try it again within direct range of the hub. If the second try is successful, the original spot may be out of range.
- It may seem unlikely, but check the battery again and make sure it's positioned properly (especially if you're not seeing LED activity). We've seen this work in the past!
Tried everything above with no luck? General questions about the process? We got you!