Auto-inclusion just takes plugging the Smart Plug into a receptacle and putting Vera into inclusion mode. But here's how to manually include the device; manual inclusion is especially helpful when troubleshooting inclusion or connectivity issues:
1. Plug the Smart Plug into a grounded receptacle located within direct range of Vera
2. Put Vera into inclusion mode by selecting the Devices tab. Then click on the gray "+ Add Device" button
3. Choose Generic Z-Wave Device from the device list
4. Press and release the Z-Wave button on the Smart Plug 3 TIMES QUICKLY
5. The LED indicator will start flashing blue
6. A new on/off device will be recognized by Vera and appear on your device list
If neither auto nor manual inclusion is working for you, try excluding the plug from the network. This acts as a reset and usually helps with inclusion issues.
If you have any questions about the above, let us know! We'll be happy to help.